Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrating My Mom (with plant goodness)

Today is Mother's Day so it only seems appropriate that I celebrate my mom today. She's 3,000 miles away in California but she's always with my in spirit and in my heart. There is no denying that I'm clearly her child through and through. Mom I love you!

Like most children I
gave mom a gift for her special day. I went back and forth about what to get her and then a great idea popped in my head. Here I am trying to be the healthiest and happiest person I can be with all of the knowledge I've gained about healthy eating so it only seems appropriate that I share that with the most amazing woman I know. I tend to give my mom books, jewelry or spa treatments as gifts because she works so hard at home and in the office that I think she deserves splurges or some quiet time to herself. This time I decided to give her something a little sweet that I hope over time keeps her around longer (I'm just selfish like that!). So this year I gave her...(drumroll please)...fresh fruit from Edible Arrangements:

Doesn't this look yummy! (No, the chocolate isn't the healthiest but mom earned a day of indulgence.) From pineapple to melons and chocolate dipped strawberries there is plenty of sweet, nutrient-rich goodness to keep my mom smiling today.

Love you mom and Happy Mother's Day! You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea!!! I might have to steal it for the next special occasion for friends or family. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete