Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good Day=Good Food+Good Friends

Today is a good day! Ate two ripe apples for breakfast and a mega mixed greens salad for lunch with all the basic fixins: a cup of carrots, handful of cherry tomatoes, a few chopped mushrooms, that oh-so-fabulous balsamic vinegar I mentioned and freshly ground pepper. I didn't get around to eating lunch until 2:00 because I was waiting for a freebie salad. There was a meeting near my office and I knew that if there was any food left it would be that beautiful nutrient rich salad. And sure enough, the bowl had hardly been touched by the time it made its way to my office. And now you're probably thinking, "Wow, this girl is eating scrap salad leftovers?!" Well technically yes but more importantly I'm eating a plate (or bowl in this case) full of plants. Right now, I can't think of anything better! Okay, wait I can. I can think of a yummy organic scrap salad sourced from local farms but I'm not going to be picky. :D

Another thing that makes today so good: support from friends. I've started telling friends about my blog and a few have sent me some great email responses. I should have a few more readers tonight as a result. Some of whom may laugh, other grins and a few will shake their heads and wonder what their friend is up to with this thing. I'm just hoping, really hoping, some of them and some of you, will leave a comment. I desperately want them to help me stay motivated. (YOU MATTER!) And I'm curious if anyone can relate to my love of leaves, balsamic vinegar or this journey to live a healtheir life in one facet or another.

Until then, I'm happy to keep sharing. So tonight I'm  going to make this blog a bit more interesting and share some cool things I've been finding and learning along the way. Feel free to poke around. I hope good things will be in store here!

No comments:

Post a Comment