Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting my green mojo back!

Goood morning! I'm up unusually early this morning. My neighbors woke me up at 4:30am and I couldn't quite get back to sleep. I decided this was the perfect time to check-in with all of you.

I realize I've been neglecting
this blog the last few days. Partially because I just haven't felt like pulling my laptop out after work and partially because I wasn't in a blogging mood. I've been a bit anxious at work and oddly moody. Not quite in a bad mood just up and down. Interestingly enough this coincides with me being a bit more lax about my monster salads. I've been eating according to the plan (a plate full of plants, no sugar, no salt, no oil, no animal products) but my meals have centered around more fruit than veggies.

I'm now planning on a trip to the grocery store to add up on fresh greens. I read a comment on Wendy's blog that said Whole Foods carries frozen kale so I'm going to check around and see if I can find it. Would be great in a smoothie or to add to a bean or sauteed dish.  I think it's time for a hard core green smoothie weekend and a round of testing salad dressing recipes.

I'm also going to share my thoughts on the Whole Foods 28-Day Challenge that I started this week. Plus, I'm hoping to make it to the farmer's market tomorrow. Stay tuned for the details!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Green smoothie? Check! I made it with WF frozen kale, frozen spinach, blueberries, soymilk, OJ and strawberries but honestly, it wasn't the yummiest combo. I'll have to master a recipe for a mega-green smoothie.

    Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete